Thursday, April 3, 2008

My search has ended....I found a great pizza in Atlanta!



I am most definitely a pizza snob. Having been raised in metropolitan NY/NJ, I grew up on great pizza....nothing like a great slice from a neighborhood place. Nirvana. I have been on the constant crusade for great pizza since moving to Atlanta in 1983. I am proud to announce that I have found a great pizza from Galla's on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. in Chamblee. http://www.gallaspizza.com/. They also have a restaurant in East Cobb/Marietta.

Galla's actually found me. I received a flyer from Galla's in my mailbox. One rainy night I was in the mood to treat myself to pizza and decided to call Galla's. I questioned the person who answered the phone like a DEA agent.....describe your crust.....your sauce...where are the owners from and so forth. I was told that the owners were from Buffalo, NY so I decided to give Galla's a shot because they deliver.....and boy, did they deliver....a wonderful, delish veggie pizza with a thin crispy crust, delicious sauce and covered with black and green olives, mushrooms and peppers. I was hooked from that day on! As a serial dieter, this has cut into my weight watchers points for the week. I highly recommend Galla's. Tony Soprano would be proud and certainly would have a slice or two or three...bada bing!

No comments: